With almost 40 years of experience serving the community, you know that WRS is a name you can trust to handle any and all of your asphalt paving needs. No matter the size of your job, we are ready and equipped to handle all paving projects from large to small anything. We offer the best service possible in all phases of the paving industry. WRS takes pride in serving customers throughout Whatcom County for any and all residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal projects.
From start to finish, working with WRS means having full transparency of the progress during your project so you never feel out of the loop or face unexpected charges. We do our best to inform and update our customers so that they are satisfied with their decision t to choose WRS to handle their asphalt paving projects.
Our team stays up-to-date on the latest advancements and technologies in the road building and asphalt paving industries, including porous asphalt, recycled asphalt, patching and repairs, and resurfacing damaged asphalt pavement. What does all this mean for your project, and why should you choose asphalt?
HMA (or Hot Mix Asphalt) has numerous advantages over other paving materials. A properly installed asphalt driveway or road is expected to last up to 20 years, and even longer when you have a trained professional do routine preventative maintenance. Furthermore, while asphalt is durable and long-lasting, it is also cost-efficient, especially when compared to concrete. A square foot of asphalt is less than half the cost of concrete. Along with this, asphalt is easy to maintain and repair, so you can be assured that you will be getting your money’s worth with asphalt. It is the number one sustainable material for constructing pavement, and depending on who you ask, the only sustainable option.
Additionally, asphalt is the most recycled product in America, meaning you can rest easy knowing your project is being paved with long-lasting, cost-efficient materials that are environmentally friendly. For these reasons, 94% of America’s 2.6 million miles of roadways are surfaced with Asphalt Pavement.
Our Asphalt Paving Options
With all this in mind, WRS sets out to offer the best service and options for how your pavement projects operate. While asphalt is often considered a single material, there are several variations. Porous asphalt is one of the products we specialize in. It is environmentally friendly and an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) best practice paving option. Due to this, there is legislation in place in certain locations that offer tax benefits for using it on a paving project. Because porous asphalt allows water to penetrate to the ground underneath, it is an option that can frequently avoid the time and expense of obtaining stormwater, shoreline, and other permits for your project (in certain locations).
The strength and longevity of an asphalt surface primarily depend on how strong the underlying material is. Another product we offer is ATB or Asphalt Treated Base, which is an option for providing stable underlayment for heavy-duty applications of paving. It can also be used to strengthen less than optimal subgrade to provide longer life to the final layer of asphalt. ATB is generally less expensive than standard HMA (Hot Mix Asphalt) because it is made with less expensive aggregate and less asphalt oil binder.
- Transform your gravel driveway into an asphalt surface – Get the most out of the sale of your home, increase value, keep your cars clean, give the kids a smooth surface to ride bikes, or add that finishing touch to your property.
- New Construction – Building the home of your dreams? The contrast that a beautiful black driveway or parking area truly puts the icing on the cake.
- Resurfacing old or deteriorated existing asphalt – WRS has the ability to Grind and overlay existing asphalt. This option offers a cost-effective choice by adding another layer of asphalt that will last for years and make your surface like new again.
- Remove and Replace – In certain situations, removal of the old asphalt is necessary to place gravel, rebuild the subgrade, and re-pave to the same elevations.
- Patching – We pride ourselves in the quality of our patching at WRS. Many companies offer asphalt patching, but WRS does it correctly with full removal or grinding to provide a thicker asphalt patch that lasts, is smooth, and blends with the surrounding area.
- Seal Coat, Crack seal and Striping – WRS Blacktop division’s experts provide asphalt maintenance services for all of your preservation needs.
Asphalt Service You Can Count On
WRS is not only your best choice for asphalt paving but also the best available for maintenance and repair. No matter where you are in your pavement’s life cycle, WRS has you covered. Our team of skilled professionals is committed to doing the job right the first time.
- Customized design to your specific paving needs
- Expertise in drainage and water flow with the installation of necessary catch basins
- Fit and Finish and attention to detail that our customers expect
- Professional recommendations to identify issues and offer solutions to provide you with a long-lasting paving product
- Industry-standard Warranty
- Quality materials, equipment, personnel, and workmanship
By working with WRS you are ensuring your project is being handled by industry veterans that are willing and excited to keep you informed and your pavement looking pristine. The knowledge we bring to the table and share with our customers is all about transparency, efficiency, and customer satisfaction. With over 1,400 successful projects a year and 26 awards for excellence, we feel it safe to say that WRS can meet your expectations. Whether your project is paving a parking lot, improving infrastructure, or something more specialized, such as a biking trail or golf course cart paths, WRS has nearly 40 years of experience delivering successful projects.